dinsdag 5 november 2013

Animation Mentor - Week 5 & 6

Hi y'alllll ! 

Since I didn't have that much time last week I decided to combine week 5 and 6 into one post.

So, for WEEK 5 we had a lecture on OVERLAPPING ACTION and what the different ways are to approach it and to incorporate this kind of action into your work.

In order to grasp this concept we had to go and animate a pendulum, with several 'apendages'.
I decided to put in a bouncing ball in there as well to get a more entertaining performance.

When I see it again, there's a lot of stuff that still has to be tweaked and can be better, but since the assignments are getting bigger and bigger I don't really have a lot of time now to go back to these shots. But I will do so eventually...so without further ado, the pendulum (already revisioned)!

 


Also we had to do a Stu pose for 'devastation' , and make sketches beforehand.




Then onwards to WEEK 6 !!!

Here we had a lecture about ANTICIPATION & SQUASH UND STRETCH

We learned why it's so important to set up (anticipate) your animation the right way so that your audience understands and follows what's happening on screen.

And to make sure we understand all the principles we've been learning about these past few weeks, we had to animate TAILOR. This is basically a bouncing ball with a tail that resembles a squirrely kinda creature...

I decided to go with some kind of 'obstacle course' where Tailor had to move through. I had a lot of fun on this assignment because I could try out something more fluid and it was just an awesome character to animate. 
And needless to say, there are still a lot of areas which can be improved, but I will wait for my critique before going back into this shot and applying them.


Cheers !!!
Feedback is highly appreciated ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten