zondag 19 januari 2014

Animation Mentor - Class 2 - Week 1 & 2

So it's that time again ^^
New class ! New people ! New assignments !

These first two weeks have been a blast so far. I met my fellow classmates and they are all eager to be in the body mechanics class to up their game and learn a ton of new tricks ! Also my mentor, Rich, who I've now seen a couple of times already on the Q&A is a really awesome guy and also very inspiring ! You can tell he's ready as well to push us to that next level ^^

WEEK 1

For the first week we had to get used to one of the new rigs Animation Mentor has, and that's Stella. She's a lovely girl who wants to be animated like crazy ! So in order to get used to this new type of rig we had to make a couple of poses that suggested 'movement'. I went with these two and kept in mind some things like silhouette, line of action, negative spaces and appeal of the character.



WEEK 2

In our second week we built further upon our previous walkcycles and prepared for our first full body walkcycle. You could chose if you wanted to do a vanilla walk or a walk with character. I went with the second one and came up with a sassy/sexy walk where Stella is smoking from a Cruella De Vil typed cigaretteholder.

We had to plan this out, shoot reference and turn in our blocking. And in that order, here's what I turned in ;)



I focused on getting the mechanics right first, and I'm going to add the secondary action in there next week, after I got feedback on this ^^


Cheerios and thanks for reading !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten